How Often Should I See a Dermatologist?
- posted: Mar. 09, 2023
A dermatologist is an expert at the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions to help you and your skin stay healthy. A dermatologist is also an expert at anti-aging treatments for your skin and can help you look your best.
The dermatologists at Gardens Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Center in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, provide a wide range of medical and cosmetic dermatology services to help you and your skin.
How Often Should You See a Dermatologist?
You should visit your dermatologist at least once each year for a skin exam. Regular visits can help prevent skin issues before they can become serious problems, like skin cancer. You should visit your dermatologist more often if you have:
- Fair skin and freckles
- A previous history of skin cancer
- A family history of skin cancer
Seeing your dermatologist more often can also help you if you are older. Your dermatologist offers a wide variety of anti-aging treatments, including:
- Fine line and wrinkle treatments like Botox and dermal fillers
- Skin resurfacing treatments like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and laser therapy
Seeing your dermatologist more often can help with acute or chronic skin conditions like eczema, acne, or psoriasis. Your dermatologist offers a wide variety of skin treatments, including:
- Laser therapy for acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Prescription antihistamines and other medication to reduce itching
- Benzoyl-peroxide products and tretinoin to clear up acne blemishes
Your dermatologist doesn’t just help your face. Your dermatologist can help your body too, with a variety of treatments, including:
- Body sculpting
- Laser hair removal
- Laser tattoo removal
- Laser acne scarring treatment
Contact Our Office Today
Seeing your dermatologist regularly can help you enjoy great skin health and look your best. To find out more about how often you should see a dermatologist, call the dermatologists at Gardens Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Center in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. You can reach them in the office by calling (561) 776-7041, so call now.